Named for the rustic squire to Don Quixote in Miguel de Cervantes' 1605 novel of the same name, the name "Sancho Panza" was first used for a Havana cigar in 1848, when the marca of "Sancho Panza" was registered by Don Emilio Ohmsted. The original factory was located at 48 Angeles St. in Havana. Sometime during the 1880s, the brand was acquired by Ramon Allones and in 1940 was purchased by the Rey Del Mundo Cigar Co. The Sancho Panza factory and its assets were nationalized by the Cuban government on September 15, 1960. Today, all Cuban-production Sancho Panza cigars are completely handmade (totalmente a mano) from long-filler tobacco (Tripa Larga) sourced from the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba. Sancho Panza cigars are medium-bodied, using a blend known for its distinctive, sometimes salty taste that appeals to some Havana aficionados.